Pages

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Legend of the Naga Pearls. August 2017



No one can accuse Steve Does Trailers of not casting its net far and wide, and so it is that I find myself blundering across Legend of the Naga Pearls which my incredible instincts tell me is a Chinese film. Well, China is an important place, with lots of people in it, so I feel I'd better watch the thing.

I have to say that's the most baffling trailer I've ever seen. I've watched it twice now and I still don't have a clue what's going on in it. From what I can make out, there are things with wings and a magic pearl, which looks more like a gem, and it has to be destroyed for reasons I'm not totally clear about.

The film does, however, strike me as being action-packed and possessed of a surprisingly lowbrow mindset. I don't know anything about Chinese cinema apart from having watched a very small handful of films from that country but I'm assuming this is the Chinese equivalent of a popcorn movie.

Of course, I could be wrong and it could be that it's actually high art and I'm totally misunderstanding what I'm seeing.

Anyway, does the fact that I don't have a clue what's going on put me off the film?

Of course it doesn't. It makes me want to see it if only to find out what's going on. Those trailer makers, they're so cunning. Either that or they don't have a clue what they're doing.

Either way, it works. This film is definitely on my want-to-see list. Admittedly, it's a fair way down that list compared to one or two other movies that are being touted at the moment but, still, it has at least made that list.

Legend of the Naga Pearls movie poster

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...